Winter Storm Update
Weather Advisory and Winter Road Information for Mark Center
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you all. As you are aware we experiencing measurable snow and ice to our region. We are monitoring storm will take appropriate actions. Just a quick note regarding roads in Mark Center.
Mark Center Services will engage our contractor to treat roads and clear snow as required from areas that the Mark Center has responsibility. The main roads of Mark Center Avenue and most of Mark Center Drive are roads the City of Alexandria should plow and treat. (See map below) Mark Center Services will be monitoring the roads and will also notify the City of Alexandria and/or VDOT of issues pertaining to the clearing and de-icing within the park.
City of Alexandria Resources
- City of Alexandria – Snow Plowing Map https://www.alexandriava.gov/uploadedFiles/special/weather/snow/SnowPlowZones.pdf
- To check on the plowing priority and status of your street and/or submit a concern, use the City’s SnowReport tracking system or call 311 or 703.746.4311.
- Additional Information on how City of Alexandria prioritizes road clearing and treatment during a storm can be found at: https://www.alexandriava.gov/special/weather/snow/default.aspx?id=40384
Should you need VDOT information:
- Outside of Mark Center: VDOT’s number for Snow Removal Issues:
- There is also an online tool provided by VDOT to see the status of the roads and snow plowing efforts during snowstorms. You may access this website at: www.vdotplows.org
You may also reference the Mark Center website for updates and alerts as well during major weather or critical events for updates. Look for the scrolling alert bar near the top of the website. The website located at https://www.markcenter.com
Be Safe and Stay Warm!
Bill Keech, Jr.
Mark Center Services, LLC